We created this Policy to explain the types of information we collect through our websites on which it is posted (“Sites”), mobile applications on which it is posted (“Apps”), and the various social media platforms and live streaming and video conferencing platforms, including Zoom, that we use (collectively with the Sites and Apps, the “Services”), how we will use, disclose and protect this information once it is collected, and how you can opt-out of some of our uses and disclosures of your information. By visiting the Services, you consent to your data being processed in accordance with this Policy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. You can click on the links below to go directly to the relevant section of this Policy.
- What personal information do we collect?
- How is your personal information collected?
- How is your personal information used?
- Do we share your personal information and service usage information with third parties?
- How long will we keep your personal information?
- How will we protect your personal information?
- What rights do you have in relation to your personal information?
- Will this Policy be modified?
- How do you tell us about changes to your personal information?
- What cookies are used on the Services?
- Third party links
- Contact us
1. What personal information do WE Collect?
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you, as well as information attributed with such information. We may collect and process the following types of Personal Information about you:
- Identity Data including first name, last name
- Contact Data includes email address, general location and/or phone number.
- Technical Data includes browser type and version, time zone setting and location, pages accessed on our sites, the date and time of access browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website].
- Usage Data includes information about how you use the Services, and our products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
Where we need to collect Personal Information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that Personal Information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
2. How is YOUR personal Information Collected?
We collect different categories of Personal Information from different sources. We collect Personal Information through:
- Your direct interactions with us which includes Personal Information you provide to us. For example, by participating in a Zoom meeting with us, contributing to a public or social forum on the Services (e.g. message boards, blogs, social or community environments, profile pages, or other unrestricted forums), submitting photographs or video content on the Services, filling in forms on the Services, signing up for our newsletters, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, and providing us with Identity Data, Contact Data, Profile Data and Marketing and Communications Data.
- Your use of social media and live streaming platforms. We maintain a presence on several social media, live streaming and blogging platforms, such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitch, and we also incorporate some third party social media and live streaming features onto the Services. Through these platforms and features, we receive some Personal Information and some Service Usage Information about you. This Policy applies to that information as well, but it does not apply to what those third party platforms do with your information. Third party social media platforms, live streaming platforms and blogging platforms have their own privacy policies which explain how the third parties that provide them will use and protect your information. In accordance with those policies (and your privacy settings within your social media accounts) information about your activities on the Services may be published to your social media.
We also include tools on the Services that allow you to share and/or publicly post content or information from the Services to your profile on a third party social media. Third party social media platforms and blogging platforms have their own privacy policies which explain how they will use, protect and share your information, including any information you share on those platforms from the Services, and we encourage you to read them.
3. How is YOUR personal information used?
Legal Basis for processing your Personal Information
We use the Personal Information collected from you where there is an appropriate lawful basis. Most commonly, we gather and use your Personal Information:
- where we have your consent;
- because processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; or
- because processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party including legal, investigatory, personnel, administrative and management purposes) and in compliance with your rights and freedoms.
Purposes for which we will use your Personal Information
We have set out below a description of the purposes we use your Personal Information, along with the relevant legal basis for processing that Personal Information.
|Purpose||Type of Data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To provide you the Services, our products, and other offerings, and to enable users to use the Services and their features.||(a) Identity
(b) Performance of a contract with you
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to allow you access our Services, for running our business)
|To administer and protect our business and the Services (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud, and in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To deliver relevant Services content to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of our Services||(a) Identity
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how users use our services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our Services, products/services, marketing, user relationships and experiences||(a) Technical
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of users for our services, to keep our Services updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To provide you with marketing about volunteer initiatives and opportunities, products, services, and events, of ours and others, that we think may interest you.||(a) Marketing and Communications||(a) Consent|
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless otherwise permitted by law (such as if we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose). Please note that we may process your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
To perform the above functions, and as mentioned above, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both Personal Information and Service Usage Information, and use such information along with information obtained from publicly accessible information (such as information available publicly on the internet). This information includes, for example, demographic information and updated contact information. We or the service providers may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Services, our emails and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
4. DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND SERVICE USAGE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Yes. We may share the information we collect with others for a variety of reasons. In addition to the kinds of information sharing you might expect, such as sharing what you voluntarily post to public areas on the Services with other users of the Services, or the information sharing that you consent to, we may share your information (including any of the types listed in the WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT? section above):
- with the general public, consistent with the Zoom User Appearance Release for “The Call to Unite” https://unite.us or a similar agreement we may have with you if you participate in a Zoom meeting or other recorded communications with us or if you otherwise submit photos, video recordings or other content to us;
- with third parties who need your information in order to provide services to us or on our behalf;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law; and
- in connection with a corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind down of business.
5. How long will WE KEEP YOUR personal information?
We will endeavour not to keep your Personal Information in a form that allows you to be identified for any longer than is reasonably necessary for achieving the permitted purposes. At the end of the applicable retention period, we may destroy, erase from our systems, or anonymize Personal Information as part of such efforts.
6. How will WE PROTECT YOUR personal information?
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information, prevent unlawful or unauthorized processing of Personal Information, and prevent unauthorized disclosure of, or accidental loss of, or damage to, such information.
We may transfer Personal Information we collect about you to countries that may not guarantee the same level of protection for Personal Information as the one in which you reside. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, to the extent that Personal Information is transferred across borders to other third parties (as otherwise set out in this Policy), it will only be carried out when certain conditions as set out in the applicable legislation are complied with.
Unfortunately, while we endeavor to protect the security and integrity of sensitive Personal Information collected via the Services, due to the inherent nature of the internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
If you correspond with us by email or using web forms like a “contact us” feature on the Services, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view the information you send in transit by such means. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If at any time during or after our relationship we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your email address, we may notify you by email to the most recent email address you have provided us. If you receive a notice from us, you can print it to retain a copy of it. To receive these notices, you must check your email account using your computer or mobile device and email application software. If you prefer for us to use the U.S. Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please email us at email@example.com. You can make this election any time, and it will apply to notifications we make after a reasonable time thereafter for us to process your request. You may also use this email address to request a print copy, at no charge, of an electronic notice we have sent to you regarding a compromise of your Personal Information.
7. What rights do YOU HAVE in relation to YOUR personal information?
You may have the right to consent to or to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. For example, when you are asked to provide Personal Information on the Services, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to, receive messages from us by email. You may tell us that you do not want to receive our newsletter or promotional messages, by sending us your name and email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate that you are writing to request that you no longer receive a particular media notification from us. You can also opt out of our promotional emails by clicking on the opt-out link within the email you receive.
Please understand that it may take us a few days to process any opt-out request and that even if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us. Also, to stop receiving promotional messages from third parties who already have your contact information, please contact them directly.
You may have certain rights in relation to your Personal Information depending on the jurisdiction you reside in. If you have any questions about such rights, please contact us email@example.com.
8. Will this POLICY be modified?
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Policy on this page with a new “Effective Date.” In some cases (for example, if we significantly expand our use or sharing of your Personal Information), we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by sending an email to the email address we have on file for you. In some cases, we may request your consent to the changes.
9. How do YOU tell US about changes to YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
It is important that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Information changes during your relationship with us. You may update or modify certain of the Personal Information that is stored in your user account on the Services (if you have one). We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, or correct any inaccuracies. firstname.lastname@example.org with updated information.
10. What cookies are used on the Services?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Services.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Services when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Services works.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Services. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Services and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. [We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.]
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie Title||Purpose||More Information|
|livestream.com||Video player preferences||https://livestream.com/legal/cookies|
|Google analytics||Analytics tracking||https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage|
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire when the session ends.
Livestream and Google analytics
To deactivate the use of third party advertising cookies, you may visit the consumer page to manage the use of these types of cookies
11. Third party links
The Services may contain links, banners, widgets or advertisements that lead to other websites or online properties. We are not responsible for these other online properties, and so their posted privacy policies (not this Policy) will govern the collection and use of your information on them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each website or online properties visited after leaving the Services to learn about how your information is treated by others.
12. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
℅ Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors
6 W 48th Street
New York, NY 10036
Phone: +1 (212) 812-4330
Our Data Protection Officer’s contact details are as follows:
Phone: +1 (212) 812-4330
Effective Date: April 17, 2020